Phone Equipment & Services
Access your ATSU phone and voicemail
ATSU has two phone systems. For ease of recognition, ITS refers to them by their company names:
- Avaya/Lucent phones – Only on the Kirksville Campus, these phones are managed by Kirksville campus Facilities.
- NOTE: The St. Louis clinic also has Avaya/Lucent phones, but these are managed by Affinia Health Care.
- Cisco phones – All of the Mesa Campus and some of the Kirksville campus are managed by ITS.The following Kirksville departments use Cisco:
- some of ITS,
- all CGHS,
- all Communication & Marketing
- all Finance
- all Enrollment Services.
- Student Affairs
Which phone system do I have?
The brand of phone is usually displayed on the handset.
Information about each type of phone
How do I find an individual’s extension information?
- Simply go to the my.atsu.edu portal
- Open UltiPro
- The employee directory is at the top right
A soft phone is a software program for making phone calls using a computer, rather than using a handset. A soft phone is designed to behave like a traditional telephone, with a display panel and buttons for the user to control like a standard phone interface.
- Soft phones are available for all ATSU faculty and staff, with phone service administered by ITS, whether they are on-campus or work from a separate location. The main consideration is to have a robust internet connection. Some benefits of a soft phone:
- No need for a handset, communication is through your computer, either with a headset or built in speakers and microphone.
- Your ATSU phone is with you wherever you take your computer
- You have a dedicated ATSU phone number even when off campus.
- No connection/wall jack to move if you change or rearrange offices.
- Significant cost savings over a handset purchase.
For further information about soft phones and soft phone set up, please contact the service desk.
Cell phone reimbursement
If your position requires frequent use of your cell phone, you may be eligible for reimbursement for some of your cell phone expenses.
The reimbursement request form is located at the bottom of the policy. Check with your supervisor to determine if you qualify.