For All Employees
Microsoft Office Suite
- On campus faculty/staff receive the Standard Microsoft Office Suite
- Off campus faculty/staff receive Microsoft Office 365
- Cost is paid by ITS
- Normally made available by the employee’s first day of work. Off-campus faculty/staff may need to contact the Service Desk.
G Suite for Education
- Available to faculty & staff
- Login information normally provided on the first day of work
- Access through the my.atsu.edu portal
- Access by using the url mail.atsu.edu
- There is no cost for educational institutions but ITS does work closely with Google to administer G Suite
Virus protection is required for all computers that access ATSU networks.
- For on campus faculty/staff, your computer comes with Trend Micro installed
- Trend Micro licensing is paid by ITS
- For off campus faculty/staff, we recommend that you download a free copy of Avast
- Mobile devices also need security software installed. We recommend that you visit your app store and download a free copy of Lookout
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free application used for viewing, printing, signing and annotating PDFs. Adobe Reader is a free application.
- For residential faculty/staff, your computer comes with Reader installed.
- For off campus faculty/staff, Reader can be downloaded at no cost
Adobe Acrobat Pro
Adobe Acrobat Pro, which comes as a paid subscription or one-time fee, allows you to create and edit PDFs, plus add interactivity. Adobe Pro is a cloud based application so it can be easily installed whether you work on or off campus.
- ATSU purchases Adobe Pro through CDWG at $95 per subscription
- Please work with the service desk to ensure you receive academic pricing
- Traditionally individual departments pay for Adobe Pro
ATSU Portal (my.atsu.edu)
Free to ATSU staff, the ATSU portal is used for accessing many of the online resources at ATSU. This link will take you to full portal information. Here are just a few resources you can access through the portal:
- Lynda.com training courses
- Emp Center -Time Reporting
- Greenshades – Tax documents, pay stubs and related HR Benefits
- ATSU Employee Web Content (Intranet) – Departmental pages, Policies, Still Healthy, Brand Identity Toolkit
- ITS Ticketing System (Enter trouble tickets or requests)
- Employee and Student Directories
Teamviewer is a tool for remote desktop control or desktop sharing. ITS often uses it to troubleshoot problems with remote computers. Note: ITS cannot access individual computers unless the user gives them a PIN which is different each time Teamviewer is used.
- Teamviewer desktop access is provided for on campus Windows machines
- Teamviewer is available via a web link for off campus machines
Zoom is an easy access videoconferencing tool that can be used whether you are on or off campus.