ATSU provides equipment attached to the University network so that all employees have the ability to print documents. Responsibility for printer and/or copier maintenance is broken up into two categories.
- Day-to-day maintenance (i.e. restocking paper and ink) – is the responsibility of the department in which the equipment resides.
- Preventative maintenance and repair (i.e. replacing broken parts and installing maintenance kits) – is the responsibility of the ITS Support Services department.
The ITS Support Services department is responsible for ensuring the printers are properly connected to the University network and are available to user workstations. Additionally, ITS monitors printer age and functionality to determine when equipment needs to be replaced as part of a normal equipment replacement life cycle.
How are employee printers assigned to individuals?
Default printers are assigned when an employee’s workstation is initially configured. Printer assignments are normally based on location (i.e. your default printer will be the equipment which is closest to your desk). However, there are cases where alternate printers are assigned due to job roles. For example, if you print a lot of high volume jobs, you may be assigned to a copy machine/printer as your default printer.
How do employees add printers (Mac and PC)?
Employees can add alternate printers by….
- Click on the Start Button
- Select Devices and Printers
- Click on Add a Printer
- Select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer
- Select The printer that I want isn’t listed
- Select Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature
- Click on the Name field to sort the printers by name.
- Find the printer you need to add, and double-click on the printer name to add the device.
- Once complete, Click on Next and Finish to complete the installation.
Please enter a Service Ticket.
How to enter a Service Ticket.