Echo360 instructions for downloading content
NOTE: Instructors have the ability to disable content downloads for a course/section. If the Download options described below are disabled (grayed out), the functionality may be unavailable to you. Check with the instructor if you are not sure.
You can download content from Echo360 if you need or want a local copy of the media. This also allows you to download a local copy for offline viewing, or to upload the content so it appears in your Library.
With respect to downloading presentations, the item downloaded is the original file that was uploaded. This means that:
- If the file has not been altered, you will get the same presentation you see in Echo360.
- If slides have been added, they will not appear in the downloaded file.
- If slides have been deleted, they do appear in the downloaded file.
- Interactive activity slides are not included in any download.
- If the file was created in Echo360, the Download option is grayed out; these presentations do not have an originally uploaded file to download.
- In your course click on echo360 in the left side navigation.
- Click the content icon to show a menu of options for that content. (Clicking the icon opens the classroom page with that item maximized for viewing.)
- Click View or Download original (depending on whether you will get the item as shown in the class or the originally uploaded content; if an instructor edited the content, the download may not exactly match what you see in the classroom).
Depending on your browser settings, you may be prompted to save the file to a specific location, or the browser may automatically save it to your Downloads folder.