Doctor of Audiology – Residential Students – Arizona School of Health Sciences
Minimum Technology Specifications for 2023 – 2024
You are required to own a laptop computer for your coursework by the first day of orientation. Please note these are minimum specs, not recommended specs and that you can use only the Windows platform.
For students using financial assistance, the financial aid budget provides $1,500 toward the purchase of a laptop. You will not receive these funds until matriculation.
Doctor of Audiology – Residential Students are required to use Windows laptop computers rather than Mac laptops. This is because the majority of audiology software is not compatible with Mac computers.
Windows computer specifications
- Operating system: 64-bit version of Windows 10 or newer
- i5 Processor or better
- 8GB RAM
- Wi-Fi capability
- Anti-virus software such as Avira
- Microsoft Office 2019
- When you receive your ATSU account information (This includes access to the my.atsu.edu portal and ATSU email.), you acquire access to Office 365. Please follow these instructions, if you choose to use your Office 365 account. Following graduation, your Office 365 account will be terminated. At that time you should either purchase a personal Office 365 account or move any files you need to save.
- The suite of applications you receive with your GSuite for Education account contains Google Docs, Google sheets, and similar applications which can be used as a replacement for Microsoft Office.
- A broadband internet connection (DSL, cable or other high-speed internet)
- Printer/scanner recommended but not required
All students are required to use multi-factor authentication (MFA). You will be provided with information about configuring this along with your account information.