Doctor of Audiology – Residential Students – Arizona School of Health Sciences
Minimum Technology Specifications for 2021 – 2022
No Macs – Doctor of Audiology – Residential Students
You are required to own a laptop computer for your coursework by July 12, 2021 (first day of orientation). Please note these are minimum specs, not recommended specs and that you can use only the Windows platform. Any reputable business that sells computers can advise you on these specifications.
For students using financial assistance, the financial aid budget provides $1500 toward the purchase of a laptop. You will not receive these funds until matriculation.
Starting 2021-22, Doctor of Audiology – Residential Students are required to use Windows laptop computers rather than Mac laptops. This is because the majority of audiology software is not compatible with Mac computers.
- i5 Processor or better
- 8GB RAM
- Wireless – Dual-Band capable (Supporting 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 802 .11 ac preferred. (This is the wireless protocol used to connect to the ATSU wireless network)
- Windows OS 10 (Operating System)
- Anit-virus software such as Avira
- Microsoft Office 2019
- When you receive your ATSU account information (This includes access to the my.atsu.edu portal and ATSU email.), you acquire access to Office 365. Please follow these instructions, if you choose to use your Office 365 account. Your Office 365 account will be terminated after graduation. At that time you should either purchase a personal Office 365 account or move any files you need to save.
- The suite of applications you receive with your GSuite for Education account contains Google Docs, Google sheets, and similar applications may not be used as a replacement for Microsoft Office. Office 365 is fine.
- DSL, cable, or other high-speed internet
- Printer/scanner recommended but not required