Remote & Telecommute Technology Hints
Technology Hints for Remote and Telecommute
ATSU recognizes the value and benefits of employees being able to work from off-campus locations. review the following hints to keep both ATSU data, and equipment secure when you work remotely or telecommute.
- Read and become familiar with ATSU’s policies.
When working at an off-campus location you will need to keep the following in mind.
- Set up Appropriate Equipment
- Dedicate a computer/laptop as your ATSU work device.
- Ensure all computing devices used for ATSU work are password-protected, preferably with multi-factor authentication.
- Install virus/malware protection software
- Turn off the save password feature on browsers. Instead, we recommend using a secure password utility like LastPass
- Activate auto locking screen saver functionality with at most a 20-minute window
- Get a good headset with a microphone for communications
- Have a quality video Camera for teleconferencing
- Get the appropriate applications and services (The ITS service desk is available to consult regarding requirements and access.)
- Cisco Jabber softphone or other reliable phone services. (The ITS service desk is available to consult regarding softphone requirements and access.)
- Google chat for quick access to co-workers
- Zoom for virtual meetings
- Cisco Anyconnect VPN services or Citrix Remote access
- Use appropriate digital storage
- Get Connected to the internet with secure, password-protected, broadband access
- Secure your workspace
- Locking drawers for paperwork