Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health minimum technology requirements
Updated for 2024-25
Students are required to own a laptop computer and iPad for coursework purposes by the first day of orientation. Although ATSU does not require a specific model or brand of computer, below are the minimum required specifications. For students using Title IV financial assistance, the financial aid Cost of Attendance includes an allocation for this purpose. Title IV funds will be available after matriculation.
Windows computer specifications
Mac computer specifications
- Operating system: MacOS 13 Ventura or newer
- M1 and M2 processors are approved.
- 16GB of RAM
- Wi-Fi capability
- Microsoft Office 2019 or newer
- You can access Office 365 at no charge. Click here for instructions. Your account will be disabled upon graduation and you will need to purchase a personal account at that time if you want to retain your data.
- The suite of applications you receive with your GSuite for Education account may not be used to substitute for MS Office.
- A broadband internet connection (DSL, cable or other high-speed internet)
- Speaker (doesn’t need to be internal)
- Hardware recommendations: iPad Pro, iPad 5th generation, iPad Air 3rd generation
- Operating System: iOS 16. (Only genuine versions of iOS are supported). Students are not allowed to upgrade to newer iOS versions until notified by MOSDOH administration because of the testing application Examplify
- 32 GB minimum
- 3 GB of free space for software updates
- iPad must not be Jailbroken.
- ATSU also highly recommends that you purchase extended warranty and/or insurance on your iPad device to ensure you can quickly repair or replace your device should it be damaged/lost/stolen etc. Click here for more details
- Do you own an iPad but are not sure which type? Follow this short video to determine which iPad you own
All students are required to use multi-factor authentication (MFA). You will be provided with information about configuring this along with your account information.