Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
Minimum Technology Specifications for 2023 – 2024
You are required to own a laptop computer for your coursework by the first day of orientation. Although ATSU doesn’t require any specific model or brand of computer, below are the minimum specifications you will need. Please note these are minimum specs, not recommended specs and that you can use either the Windows or Mac platform.
For students using financial assistance, the financial aid budget provides $1,500 toward the purchase of a laptop and $1,000 toward the purchase of an iPad, insurance, and apps. You will not receive these funds until matriculation.
Windows computer specifications
- Operating system: 64-bit version of Windows 10 or newer
- i5 Processor or better
- 8GB RAM
- Wi-Fi capability
Mac computer specifications
- Operating system: Big Sur 11 or newer
- i5 Processor or better (Intel-based Processor). The M1 processor is approved
- 8GB of RAM
- Wi-Fi capability
- Microsoft Office 2019 or newer
- You can access Office 365 at no charge. Click here for instructions. Your account will be disabled upon graduation and you will need to purchase a personal account at that time if you want to retain your data.
- The suite of applications you receive with your GSuite for Education account may not be used to substitute for MS Office.
- A broadband internet connection (DSL, cable or other high-speed internet)
- Hardware Recommendations: iPad Pro, iPad 5+ (Air1)
- Operating System: iOS 14 (Only genuine versions of iOS are supported – iPad must not be Jailbroken)
- 32 GB minimum
- 500 MB of free space
- ATSU also highly recommends that you purchase extended warranty and/or insurance on your iPad device to ensure you can quickly repair or replace your device should it be damaged/lost/stolen etc. Click here for more details
- Do you own an iPad but are not sure which type? Follow this short video to determine which iPad you own
All students are required to use Multi-factor authentication (MFA). You will be provided with information about configuring this along with your account information.