Using Adobe Contribute at ATSU
Website editing with Adobe Contribute
For all webpages on the public ATSU website that have yet to be redesigned by Communication & Marketing, Adobe Contribute is the tool used to edit content. The video playlist below show how to use Adobe Contribute. Additional Adobe Contribute questions can be directed to the ITS Service Desk by submitting a ticket.
ATSU website editing workflow with Adobe Contribute
If you don’t have Adobe Contribute access, your department will need to purchase it by contacting the ITS Service Desk for pricing and then follow up by submitting a purchase order. After you have received the license, submit a ticket to request setup. Once you have access and we have installed the software on your computer, follow these steps for publishing content on the ATSU website:
- ATSU stakeholder revises the webpage content using Adobe Contribute.
- ATSU stakeholder publishes the revisions by using the Publish button in Adobe Contribute. This publishes the changes to the development web server, which is only accessible to those on campus. If the stakeholder needs a manager or colleague to review their changes, once the stakeholder has pressed Publish, they can copy/paste the web address provided in Adobe Contribute and share that for their internal review prior to moving on to step 3.
- ATSU stakeholder then submits a ticket outlining what changes were made and provides the web address for all webpages revised. This step is necessary to have revisions published on the public ATSU website.
- ITS reviews the revisions for web best practices, branding guidelines, and ATSU style guide adherence. If any changes are needed, ITS will make the changes and/or contact stakeholder to make those changes. Additional training may be provided at this time.
- ITS publishes the revised webpages to the public ATSU website and solves the ticket, notifying the stakeholder that their content has been revised.
One size doesn’t fit all
Depending on your website needs, you may need to use a different tool. See an overview of all the website editing tools at ATSU.
Need one-on-one assistance?
For additional Adobe Contribute support, ITS staff are available for assistance. Submit a work order to request assistance.