School of Osteopathic Medicine Arizona
Minimum Technology Specifications for 2022 – 2023
You are required to own a laptop computer for your coursework by July 18, 2022 (first day of class). Although SOMA doesn’t require any specific brand of computer, you will need a Windows machine. Below are the minimum specifications you will need. Please note these are minimum specs, not recommended specs. Any reputable business that sells computers can advise you on these specifications.
Computers – In previous academic years, Apple computers were allowed. Starting in 2022 SOMA students may only use Windows machines.
For students using financial assistance, the financial aid budget provides $1500 toward the purchase of a laptop. You will not receive these funds until matriculation.
- i5 Processor or better
- 8GB RAM
- Wireless – Dual-Band capable (Supporting 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 802 .11 ac preferred. (This is the wireless protocol used to connect to the ATSU wireless network)
- Windows OS (Operating System) 10 or newer
- Anit-virus software such as Avira
- Microsoft Office 2019
- When you receive your ATSU account information (This includes access to the my.atsu.edu portal and ATSU email.), you acquire access to Office 365. Please follow these instructions, if you choose to use your Office 365 account. After November 1, following your graduation, your Office 365 account will be terminated. At that time you should either purchase a personal Office 365 account or move any files you need to save.
- The suite of applications you receive with your GSuite for Education account contains Google Docs, Google sheets, and similar applications which can be used as a replacement for Microsoft Office.
- DSL, cable, or other high-speed internet
These technology requirements pertain to students in this School of Osteopathic Medicine program
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine