Respondus LockDown Browser
Respondus LockDown Browser™ is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Canvas. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading.
- Chromium version of LockDown Browser (Mac & Windows) Download: http://www.respondus.com/lockdown/downloadc.php?id=372532103
- NEW Beta version for Mac. Respondus has now released a beta version of LockDown Browser for Mac that is also based on Chromium. This will enable you to move away from reliance on Safari Webkit, giving more control over the browser environment. To download the beta version of LockDown Browser for Mac, go to the current page where students download LockDown Browser for Mac. Click on “Install Now” and you’ll see links to both versions of the browser.
- The application can be installed side-by-side with the standard version of LockDown Browser.
- Known Issues: view here
- Support: support.respondus.com
- iPad Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lockdown-browser/id659101775?mt=8#
- If iPad link above does not work, search the App Store for “Respondus Inc.” and install the free Lockdown Browser app
- iPad Instructions:
- Download and install the “LockDown Browser” app from Apple iTunes to the iPad. (Requires iOS 10 or higher.)
- Start the LockDown Browser app.
- The first time the app is used, you will be prompted to select your institution and server. (If you later need to change the institution or server, select the settings icon on the LockDown Browser toolbar.
- To use the new version with Canvas, you will start the LockDown Browser app and navigate to the course and quiz through the LMS login. You will be presented with the following message at the start of the exam:
- Students should answer “Yes” to this message, after which the exam will start and students will be locked into the exam until it’s submitted for grading.
- Student Respondus LockDown Browser Quick-Start Guide
- Instructor Respondus LockDown Browser Quick-Start Guide
If you are looking for Respondus 4.0 (for Faculty Exam Creation) then Click Here.