Meet or chat from a remote location
Meetings from a remote location
Zoom is ATSU’s easy-to-use desktop and mobile video conferencing platform. Even when working remotely you can stay connected with your co-workers with meetings for up to 300 participants, coupled with screen sharing, breakout rooms, text chat and recording features.
- Click here for information about Zoom for ATSU faculty and staff.
- Student participants do not need an account to join a meeting. They can click the link you provide and download the client to join. A Zoom account is only needed to schedule your own meetings
- Staff do not need their own Zoom accounts to attend someone else’s meeting. They can click the link and join. If the Zoom application has not been installed on a device you will be asked to download and install the Zoom app.
Chat online from anywhere
Do you have a quick question for a coworker? Google chat can help with that. It will also be a good tool to help you feel connected.
When using Gmail
- When in Gmail, Chat is in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Simply, choose the + next to your profile picture and enter the name of the person with whom you want to chat.
- Did you know you can have a group chat? When you open Chat, enter one person’s name, you’ll see an icon at the top which is the outline of a person with a + sign beside it. Just click on that icon and keep adding as many people as you need.
Chatting from a mobile device – Google Hangouts
The Hangouts app is available on the app store of your device of choice, whether it’s the Apple App Store for iOS users or Google Play for Android users. After you download the app, open it and log in with your Gmail account credentials. The Hangouts app synchronizes with your Gmail account, so all your email contacts are already connected to you through Hangouts, whether you log in on a mobile device or through a desktop computer.
To begin a chat with a co-worker, open the Hangouts app. From the main screen, tap the + sign. If you don’t already have a Hangout started with a specific contact, choose the contact’s name and send an invitation to a Hangout. You can now start chatting by typing a message at the bottom of the chat screen and tapping send.