Computer Equipment for Employees
- Laptop computers provided by ATSU may be utilized in the telecommute environment. If a docking station, additional monitors, and peripheral equipment is needed for the residential portion of the employee’s work, the cost is the employee’s responsibility.
- If any employee does not have an ATSU laptop computer or does not choose to use one, a personal computer must match or exceed the Minimum specifications of the residential computer option identified by ITS.
- Telecommute employees may not relocate other ATSU provided equipment, such as
- Docking stations
- Any other items not expressly approved by their supervisor to utilize at home
- All ATSU equipment must be returned to ATSU at separation from the university.
- ATSU replaces Windows computers during the fifth year of use and Macs during the sixth year of use.
- Remote employees must provide their technology equipment
- A personal computer must match or exceed the Minimum specifications of the residential computer option identified by ITS. (See Recommended Specifications below.)
- Remote, full-time (.75 FTE or greater) employees are eligible for a taxable $500 annual technology allowance. The allowance is paid on a per paycheck proration to full-time remote employees.
- Remote employees who have received ATSU equipment before the implementation of policy xxx are not eligible for the allowance until the ATSU owned equipment is returned to Information Technology Services (ITS).
- Remote, full-time employees who wish not to receive the $500 allowance may submit the Remote Technology Allowance Opt-Out Form to Payroll by June 1 to take effect the following fiscal year. Please work with your supervisor to submit this form.
- Remote employees who have been provided ATSU equipment (computer hardware, etc.) before the implementation of this policy will not be expected to return the equipment until their separation from the University (grandfathered). These employees will not be considered in violation of the policy.
In conjunction with the ATSU Purchasing Department, ITS facilitates the purchase of computer equipment for on-campus ATSU faculty and staff. The standard computer workstation configuration for ATSU employees includes:
- Either a desktop or laptop workstation, depending upon the type of work related to the position.
- Dual monitors for Windows workstations, a single monitor for Mac workstations.
- Monitors have a longer life-span than computers and therefore, are replaced as needed instead of on a replacement cycle.
- ITS acknowledges that some work assignments require non-standard equipment. Employees can request special equipment using the form included in Policy 55-102.