Arizona School of Health Sciences – Residential
Minimum Technology Specifications for 2023 – 2024
You are required to own a laptop computer for your coursework by the first day of orientation. Although ATSU doesn’t require any specific model or brand of computer, some programs do have restrictions on Windows versus Mac operating systems.
For students using financial assistance, the financial aid budget provides $1,500 toward the purchase of a laptop. You will not receive these funds until matriculation.
Note about audiology residential students
Doctor of audiology – residential students are required to use Windows laptop computers rather than Mac laptops, because the majority of audiology software is not compatible with Mac computers. To avoid confusion, we have created a separate page for Doctor of Audiology – Residential Students.
All other disciplines may use Mac or Windows.
Windows computer specifications
- Operating system: 64-bit version of Windows 10 or newer
- i5 Processor or better
- 8GB RAM
- Wi-Fi capability
Mac computer specifications
Macs not used by Doctor of Audiology – Residential Students
- Operating system: Big Sur 11 or newer
- i5 Processor or better (Intel-based Processor) The M1 chip is acceptable
- 8GB of RAM
- Wi-Fi capability
- Anti-virus software such as Avira
- Microsoft Office 2019
- When you receive your ATSU account information (This includes access to the my.atsu.edu portal and ATSU email.), you acquire access to Office 365. Please follow these instructions, if you choose to use your Office 365 account. Following graduation, your Office 365 account will be terminated. At that time you should either purchase a personal Office 365 account or move any files you need to save.
- The suite of applications you receive with your GSuite for Education account contains Google Docs, Google sheets, and similar applications which can be used as a replacement for Microsoft Office.
- A broadband internet connection (DSL, cable or other high-speed internet)
All students are required to use multi-factor authentication (MFA). You will be provided with information about configuring this along with your account information.
These technology requirements pertain to students in these Arizona School of Health Sciences programs
- Athletic Training
- Occupational Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology (First year is residential, second year is online.)
- Note: Doctor of Audiology – Residential Students have a separate page