Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
Minimum Technology Specifications for 2022 – 2023
Technology requirements for Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health students is ownership of both a laptop computer and an iPad. For those participating in financial aid, your budget will include $2,500 towards the purchase of a laptop and an iPad. An Apple keyboard and an Apple pencil are recommended but not required. These funds will be available upon matriculation. You will need to have both pieces of equipment and accessories by July 18, 2022. Either a Windows or Mac computer is acceptable.
- Operating System: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- Alternate versions of Windows 10, such as Windows RT and Windows 10 S, are NOT supported at this time.
- If you are using a Microsoft Surface device, please read this article for important instructions on Windows 10 “S mode” versus the standard Windows 10. S mode is not compatible with Examplify.
- Only genuine versions of Windows Operating Systems are supported.
- The versions of Windows 10 certified for use are 20H2, 21H1, 21H2, and Windows 11 21H2.
- The English (United States) Language Pack must be installed.
- ExamSoft does not support tablet devices other than Surface Pro as detailed above.
- CPU Processor: Non-ARM based processor supported by your operating system
- RAM: 8GB of usable RAM or higher
- Hard drive: 4GB or higher of available space.
- For on-site support, and in order to back up the answer files to a USB drive, a working USB port is required. (Newer devices may require an adaptor.)
- Hardware Requirements: iPad 5+, iPad Air 2+, iPad Mini 4+, iPad Pro.
- Operating Systems: iPadOS 13, iPadOS 14, and iPadOS 15 (Only officially approved Apple versions of iPadOS are supported).
- 500 MB of free space required to commence an exam.
- iPad must not be modified (e.g. Jailbroken).
- Internet connection for download, registration, exam download and upload.
- Keyboard recommended, not required
- Pencil recommended, not required
For Mac Laptops:
- Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey.
- For a better experience, we recommend that you take your exam on the same OS version that you have completed a recent successful mock exam.
- Only genuine versions of Mac operating systems are supported.
- CPU: Intel or M1 processor. Devices using Apple’s M1 processor and Apple Rosetta 2 are supported. To learn more, click here.
- RAM: 8GB or higher.
- Hard Drive: 4GB or higher available space.
- For on-site support, and in order to back-up the answer files to a USB drive, a working USB port is required (Newer devices may require an adapter).
- For technical troubleshooting, account passwords including device passwords may be required.
- Server version of Mac OS X is not supported.
ATSU also highly recommends that you purchase extended warranty and/or insurance on your iPad device to ensure you can quickly repair or replace your device should it be damaged/lost/stolen etc. Click here for more details
Do you own an iPad but are not sure which type? Follow this short video to determine which iPad you own
These technology requirements pertain to students in these Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health programs
- Doctor of Dental Medicine