Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health – Post Graduate Orthodontic Program
Minimum Technology Specifications for 2023 – 2024
Technology requirements for Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health – Post Graduate Orthodontic Program students is ownership of both a laptop computer and an iPad. For those participating in financial aid, your budget will include $1,500 towards the purchase of a laptops and $1,000 towards the purchase of a iPads. These funds will be available upon matriculation. You will need to have both pieces of equipment and accessories by the first day of orientation. Either a Windows or Mac computer is acceptable.
Windows computer specifications
- Operating System: 64-bit version of Windows 10 or newer
- i5 processor or better
- 8GB RAM
- Wi-Fi capability
Mac computer specifications
- Operating system: Mac OS Big Sur 11 or newer
- i5 Processor or better (Intel-based Processor) (The new M1 chip is ok)
- 8GB of RAM
- Wi-Fi capability
- Anti-virus software such as Avira
- Microsoft Office 2019
- When you receive your ATSU account information (This includes access to the my.atsu.edu portal and ATSU email.), you acquire access to Office 365. Please follow these instructions, if you choose to use your Office 365 account.
- The suite of applications you receive with your GSuite for Education account contains Google Docs, Google sheets, and similar applications cannot be used as a replacement for Microsoft Office.
- A broadband internet connection (DSL, cable or other high-speed internet)
- iPad Pro (3rd generation – released October 2018 or better)
- Operating System: iOS 14 (iPad must not be Jailbroken)
- Misc. applications (Your instructors will let you know which after coursework begins)
- Apple keyboard – recommended – not required
- Apple pencil – recommended – not required
- ATSU also highly recommends that you purchase extended warranty and/or insurance on your iPad device to ensure you can quickly repair or replace your device should it be damaged/lost/stolen etc. Click here for more details
- Do you own an iPad but are not sure which type? Follow this short video to determine which iPad you own
All students are required to use multi-factor authentication (MFA). You will be provided with information about configuring this along with your account information.