Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health – Post Graduate Orthodontic Program minimum technology requirements
Updated for 2024-25
Students are required to own a laptop computer and iPad for coursework purposes by the first day of orientation. Although ATSU does not require a specific model or brand of computer, below are the minimum required specifications. For students using Title IV financial assistance, the financial aid Cost of Attendance includes an allocation for this purpose. Title IV funds will be available after matriculation.
Windows computer specifications
Mac computer specifications
- Operating system: MacOS 13 Ventura or newer
- M1 and M2 processors are approved.
- 16GB of RAM
- Wi-Fi capability
- Anti-virus software such as Avira
- Microsoft Office 2019
- When you receive your ATSU account information (This includes access to the my.atsu.edu portal and ATSU email.), you acquire access to Office 365. Please follow these instructions, if you choose to use your Office 365 account.
- The suite of applications you receive with your GSuite for Education account contains Google Docs, Google sheets, and similar applications cannot be used as a replacement for Microsoft Office.
- A broadband internet connection (DSL, cable or other high-speed internet)
- iPad Pro (3rd generation – released October 2018 or better)
- Operating System: iOS 14 (iPad must not be Jailbroken)
- Misc. applications (Your instructors will let you know which after coursework begins)
- Apple keyboard – recommended – not required
- Apple pencil – recommended – not required
- ATSU also highly recommends that you purchase extended warranty and/or insurance on your iPad device to ensure you can quickly repair or replace your device should it be damaged/lost/stolen etc. Click here for more details
- Do you own an iPad but are not sure which type? Follow this short video to determine which iPad you own
All students are required to use multi-factor authentication (MFA). You will be provided with information about configuring this along with your account information.