Add Zoom to your Canvas Course
Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, group messaging, and a software-defined conference room solution into one easy-to-use platform. Zoom offers video, audio, and screen-sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems.
- The Zoom LTI integration with Canvas allows students and faculty to start and join Zoom meetings via a join link that is displayed on a Canvas course. Instructions to add the Zoom too to your course is below
- The LTI integration links your accounts by matching emails in Zoom and Canvas. If you are an ATSU employee and you do not have a Zoom account, please request an account with a ITS service ticket at https://service.atsu.edu
- Zoom creates a new persistent meeting ID for each individual Canvas course. It does not use your Zoom PMI
- Clicking into the Zoom LTI link launches Zoom with your account, and adds you to the meeting as the Host. You can record and manage the meeting just like you usually do.
- Your students will click the Zoom link in the course, and get added into the Zoom call as participants. They do not need Zoom accounts to join the call.
In-Course Zoom tool setup
- Login to Canvas and select a course.
- Once in the course, click Modules.
- Click + in the Module where you’d like to add Zoom.
- This will open the Module options.
- Choose Add External Tool.
- Scroll down the list and click Zoom.
- Click the Add Item button at the bottom.
- Click to publish the Zoom link.
- When you are ready to launch the meeting, click Zoom.