How to install a CHC or St. Louis Campus Printer
(These instructions may vary slightly depending on which version of Windows and Mac OSX you are using.)
First steps-applies to both Windows and Macs
- Please make sure you are connected to the ATSU Wireless Network before installing the printer.
- Determine the IP (Internet Protocol) address that is displayed on the front of the printer. You will need it later in these instructions.
All Versions of Windows
- Visit HP’s website to download the Universal Printer Driver here.
- Select the correct operating system.
- Scroll down and click the Download button for HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6.
- Run the downloaded .exe file.
- Click Unzip to open the installer.
- Click Yes to agree to the EULA.
- Select Traditional Mode, and click Next.
- Select Add a Local Printer.
- Click on Create a new port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, and click Next.
- Enter your Printer’s IP address that you previously identified in First-Steps into the IP Address field, then click Next. (Note: Some CHCs have more than one printer, so you may need to try more than one address).
- At the Additional port information screen, click Next.
- Select HP Universal Printing PCL 6, then click Next.
- Name the printer, CHC Printer, and then click Next.
- Wait for the printer to install. If prompted, select Do not share this printer, and then click Next..
- Click Finish.
- Visit Mac’s website to download their HP Printer Driver Package here. (Note: It is a large file and may take some time to download)
- Install the downloaded driver package.
- Once installed, click on the Apple Icon in the top left, followed by System Preferences, and Printers & Scanners.
- Click on the + symbol under the printers, and select IP Printer.
- Enter the CHC Printer IP Address in the Address Blank. Enter “CHC Printer” as the Printer name.
- The printer driver should be auto-detected, but if not, click on the drop down menu and click on Select Software, then find the correct model in the list.
- Click Add, and OK if prompted.
Please Submit a Service Desk ticket through the ATSU Portal if you are unable to install the network printer.