How to setup Respondus 4.0 to work with ATSU Blackboard Managed Hosting
and License Code: ZR728398550-372532103
(Password valid through: July 31st 2017)
In order to get Respondus to work easily with Managed Hosting, you will have to change your own Bb account’s internal-only password. Here’s how:
- Log into Blackboard MH.
- Open the drop-down “Global Navigation Menu” next to your name at the top-right of the screen. Click your own name to expand it.
- Choose “Settings > Personal Information > Change Password”.
- Type your new internal Bb-only password twice, and make a note of it. Please Note: This ONLY changes your Bb internal password. Your regular ATSU password is not affected by this change.
- In Respondus, set up a new “Server”. Call it “BbMH” or some such. This is an arbitrary, “friendly” name that you are giving to this “server”.
- Choose “Search for preconfigured server settings”. Respondus will grab the preconfigured server settings for you.
- Type your full ATSU email address in the “Username” field. Yes, your FULL email address, not just your bare username.
- Type the password you set up in step 4. Select the option to remember your login information.
- Run a connection test. When the test returns a successful message, you have set up your new BbMH server settings correctly.
- Use this server name (set up in Step 5) to connect to Bb with Respondus.