Missouri Library Lab Printer Installation
Note: You must be connected to the ATSU network to complete this procedure.
Windows XP Instructions for Library Lab Printer Installation
- Choose the Start button on the Task Bar.
- On the right side choose the Control Panel Button.
- The Control Panel will open in a new window.
- Scroll through the Control Panel Icons and find the one called Printers and Faxes and click on it
- Printers and Faxes will open in a new window.
- In the Printers and Faxes window find and click on the icon called Add Printer.
- The Add Printer Wizard will start in a new window.
- Click Next on the first page of the Add Printer Wizard.
- On the Second page make sure the Local Printer attached to this computer is checked and the Automatically detect and install my plug and play printer is Unchecked and click Next.
- Select the Create a new port option and use the drop down tab to select Standard TCP/IP Port.
- A new screen will open click Next.
- In the Printer Name or IP Address field enter the following for Library Lab 1 Librarylab1.printer.kcom.edu and Library Lab 2 librarylab02.printer.kcom.edu and Library Lab East Librarylabeast.printer.kcom.edu. Choose Next button.
- Click on the Finish button.
- Another screen will open up to install the drivers.
- On the next screen scroll through the Manufacturer side and find HP. On the Printers side scroll through and find HP Laserjet 8150 PCL then click Next.
- On this screen you can change the printer name and if you want to make it your default printer.
- Select if you would like to print a test page click Next then choose Finish.