Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
Minimum Technology Specifications for 2017-2018
You are required to own both a laptop computer and an iPad for your coursework. Although ATSU doesn’t require any specific model or brand of computer, below are the minimum specifications you will need (for both computers and iPads). Please note these are minimum specs, not recommended specs and that you can use either the Windows or Mac platform. Any reputable business that sells computers/iPads can advise you on these specifications.
- i5 Processor or better
- 8GB RAM
- Wireless – Dual-Band capable (Supporting 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 802 .11 ac preferred. This is wireless protocol and is used to connect to the ATSU wireless network)
- Windows OS (Operating System) 10
- Microsoft Office
- i5 Processor or better (Intel-based Processor)
- 8GB of RAM
- 802 .11 n or ac preferred (This is wireless protocol and is used to connect to the ATSU wireless network)
- Mac OS (Operating system) 10.11 El Capitan or higher
- Microsoft Office
- Student iPads are required to be at least an iPad 3 or iPad Air+ (ATSU tools no longer support iPad 2)
- Operating System – iOS 8, iOS 9, or iOS 10
- 500MB of Free Space
- 32gb of ram
- iPad must not be jail broken no older than an iPad Air.
- ASDOH students can use an iPad Mini with a retina display in their coursework, if preferred
You are required to own a personal iPad no later than July 10, 2017 (start of orientation). ATSU also highly recommends that you purchase extended warranty and/or insurance on your iPad device to ensure you can quickly repair or replace your device should it be damaged/lost/stolen etc.. Click here for more details. For students using financial assistance, the financial aid budget provides $724 toward the purchase of an iPad, insurance, and apps. This amount covers the cost of an iPad with the required minimum specifications. You will not receive these funds until matriculation.
Do you own an iPad but are not sure if it is an iPad Air. Follow this short video to determine which iPad you own.
These technology requirements pertain to students in these Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health programs
- Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Extended course – Masters in Public Health through the ATSU College of Graduate Health Studies